Sunday, February 27, 2011

Trying to settle in

So we put an offer on a house....it's a really great deal as long as the roof checks out ok.
 I am working part-time at Railworks-they build/repair/maintain railroad tracks.  It's not a hard job but the working environment leaves a lot to be desired.  I am still actively looking for fulltime employment.  I know eventually, I will get the job I am supposed to have...I'm just not sure how long I'll have to wait.
I knew that it was going to be hard adjusting to this move, but to tell the truth, I didn't know it was going to be this hard.

I have made a total of 0 friends since moving here.  I know I should "get out there and make some" but I'm not 20yrs old.  I'm not really into going to bars to meet people, I don't really care for the people I work with, I really just miss my friends in Louisiana.  As hard as the move there was, at least I had Cathy there and eventually, Paula & Scott and I had a great job with great people at B&B.

My mom has been here with me since December 1st.  I am really grateful although I know it's not been a real picnic for her...I've been...hmm, not a very fun person to be with but she's been a real trooper and has stuck it out.  She knows how miserable I have actually been.

It looks like JC will only be visiting us for at the most, 3 weeks.  He's applied for A-HEC (A-Hec provides students with the chance to explore health careers firsthand. Students learn how to apply the information learned in high school classes to the health care industry. Participants have the opportunity to develop relationships with health care industry mentors and professionals.  Students earn their CPR certification and first aid training Students earn one half unit of general elective credit at all Louisiana high schools while providing more than 100 hours of volunteer community service to their community.) which is the end of May-beginning of June. He's also working at Old Navy and is going to Big Stuf in Panama Beach, Fla June 20-24th.  So that doesn't leave him very much time to come here.  I HATE HAVING TO BE A SELFLESS PARENT!! IT SUCKS! but I love him and want what is best for him, dammit.


I hope that it gets better, surely it will, right?

Jackie should be pregnant in the next 6 months and hopefully I will get to be a part of that life experience with her, so that will be great.  I can not wait to witness my baby girl being a mom...she is natural-born for motherhood and I know how fun it is going to be for her & Vincent.

So that's what's been going on with me, just some self-pity and trying to adjust to this move :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh sister, I can only imagine what you are feeling. I would give anything if we were closer together so we could spend a lot of time together and you know me I will take you to the store and talk to everyone and make you some friends (hehehe). YOU ARE A GREAT MOM and the best sister ever. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sister. You're pretty great yourself :)

    ReplyDelete