Friday, July 8, 2011

Trees, trees, trees and bushes

So I ordered some stuff from Directgardening.com

We have 3/4 acre of yard and hardly anything in it.

I needed to fill it up.

Directgardening.com had a 1 cent sale.

This is what I ordered:

(2) Lily of the Valley Trees

(6) Red Painted Daisy

(6) Rose of Sharons

(3) Shasta Daisy

(4) Old Fashioned Lilac Bushes

(2) Redbud Trees

(2) Flowering Quince Bushes

(3) Peacock orchids

(2) Spirea Bushes

(6) Flowering Shamrock

(3) Ranunculus

(3) Triplet Lily

(2) Weeping Willow



Beautiful, aren't they?  I was so excited when I ordered everything.

Then the order showed up in the mail!

 And this is what I actually received and planted:

(20) of these now stick up out of my yard in random spots
(24) of these
 So now there's a bunch of random sticks poking up out of the ground all over my yard and two trenches around the driveway light and mailbox. 

I sure hope everything grows into the beautiful tree/bush/flower that the pictures showed me.

1 comment: