Thursday, September 30, 2010

New job, same job

So, I started work about a month ago at THD At-Home Services.   If you don't know what THD stands for, its The Home Depot.  Yes, that's right, Home Depot.  I got the job through a temp agency so technically, I'm not an employee of THD, I'm employed by Kelly Services at THD.  I'm only supposed to work there through the busy season which is now till the beginning of December.  The office is in New Castle, PA which is about a 35 minute drive from where we live in Ohio.  Sometime the end of November/beginning of December they are moving the offices to Cranberry Township, PA which a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. That would be over an hour drive one way for me.

But whatever, I'm working and it feels great.  The job is very, very similar to the job I had in Lousiana, except I don't have to deal with any of the install issues.  They have someone else that handles that, which is great as far as I'm concerned.  I really enjoy going to work and having other adults to interact with during the day.

One of the girls that works there had a birthday on Tuesday, I baked her a home-made cheese cake and made mixed berry sauce for the topping.  She liked it so much, she has asked how much I would charge to make one on a weekly basis for her sister's Bar & Grill restaurant.  I am really enjoying working.

There's just one thing that is niggling at the back of my mind though, I am getting way too invested in the job and I don't believe that things are not going to end very well.

Oh yeah, P.S. Jackie, you have not posted a blog in a very, very long time and I think you need to.  Love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment