Friday, August 14, 2009

Penal Daycare System

My oldest son has been going through what I can only describe as a wild, rebellious, zero brain function stage in his life.

He has been in legal trouble now for 2 years (mostly probation and a 6 1/2 month stay at a rehab).

About a month ago, his zero-brain function disability led him to try and shoplift a $70 shirt from Dillards. He was caught before he even made it out of the store. He was charged with misdemeanor shoplifting.

He went to court this past Monday for what I thought was an arraignment where he would just enter his plea and then go back for sentencing which is why I went to work and sent my husband with him. I thought wrong. The judge (the same judge he had for juvenile court) decided to give the sentencing that day, but, he wanted to see my son and husband in chambers before doing so.

My husband decided at that precise time to let out all his frustrations and anger about our son to the judge.

So, instead of my son getting what the other 7 boys that went before him for the same charge, he got 30 days mandatory, $564 fine or 40 days if unable to pay, 100 hrs community service and 1 yr probation.

In Bossier, where we live, they have a "two for one" special on jail time. Isn't that sweet? Just like at the bars.

So, he was taken directly to jail from court on Monday for what I had assumed would be a 35 day stay.

Here's where it gets interesting....I get home from work on Wednesday, I have a raging headache, no one is home, so I put my jammies on and crawl into bed for a nap before bedtime.

At 6:30pm, I am awaken by my son with a kiss and hug...the son that is supposed to be locked up.

They decided to release him and he has to go Monday through Friday from 7am-3pm with weekends off.

Thursday morning he was up before me, made coffee and was packing his lunch when I came out of my room....really??? THIS is what finally motivates him??? REALLY???

My son is in the Penal Day Care system....

Will wonders never cease???

3 comments:

  1. hahaha...when i read the subject i so thought it said penis. :)

    i really hope this helps. really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he was being so sweet to you, I hope it lasts!! You so deserve to be spoiled by your kids at this point, not to still be worrying about their every move... hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he sticks with it sister. My little pot head oh I mean daughter goes this Friday at 9 I hope the 750 we gave to our attorney is worth it.

    ReplyDelete